I have much experience of working with people across the lifespan, dealing with many of the human issues that affect us all.
During previous careers I have worked closely with a wide variety of people, including in educational and community settings. I qualified as a teacher, trainer and facilitator. In the voluntary sector, I worked for national medical charities with groups and individuals of varying ages and different disabilities.
I have worked at Universities in Bath and Bristol, counselling students from diverse social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
For several years I worked in the NHS in Bath & North East Somerset, where I provided a community counselling service for patients and family carers in their homes.
For years, I ran a well-established private counselling practice in Somerset before relocating to Totnes in Devon in 2014.
As a quailfied counsellor, I am a member of the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists. I offer counselling for individuals, at realistic rates.
- Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling: Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling (BCPC). This qualification is accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) UK professional body.
- Foundation Certificate: from Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling (BPCP)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Accredited Action Learning Set Facilitator
- Certificate of Counselling Skills in the Development of Learning (RSA)
- Cert. Ed – University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- I am a member of BACP and abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice which you can find here.
- I have regular supervision with an experienced supervisor, which helps me monitor and review my practice.
- I am professionally insured
- I also regularly undertake relevant professional training courses and workshops.